Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back for now. New forum features + Current MvM Server status.
Hi, I'm back for now. My birthday passed by yesterday, and I've finally decided to get back online, if perhaps a bit earlier than expected. (I was planning to disappear indefinitely.. but some people pressured me to keep on the radar.) I apologize if I worried anyone, but I really needed to take some time away in order to get my emotional state somewhat back into order, and take care of some affairs in the real world (such as my temporary job, which has since finished). In the time that I've been away, I've done something that might get people more interested in the forum here: An Arcade!

What is it? It's a full leaderboard system and flash gaming section running on the forum software. I've set the forum up with some flash games based on classic titles, such as Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Bust-A-Move(Puzzle Bobble), Raiden, Sonic, and Tetris. There's more games to come as well, and I'm focusing on particularly high-quality games. Getting high scores will be recorded to the site, and you can compare these scores with others on the site.

Why did I do it? Well, it may encourage people to browse the forum and/or post, but it's also just a good way to kill time if you're bored.

How do you access it? Just click the "Arcade" link at the top-left of the Forum's page.

If you have any suggestions for good flash games to add, please say so in a reply.

Now for some bad news: The Mann Vs. Machine server is closed until further notice. This is because Valve neglected to increase the size of their StringTable buffers to accommodate the fact they added new content. The tables are near full, and can easily overflow causing server crashes. Due to the fact that I run custom content, they overflow much more quickly and this prevents my server from running any longer than 30 minutes before crashing.

This bug affects many other servers aside from my own, even unmodded ones if they run for too long - and Valve has been incredibly negligent in fixing it despite the simplicity of the fix. (Edit of a number defining the buffer cap in the source code.) This is despite the fact this issue has been going on since before Halloween. Myself and several other people reported this issue repeatedly to them ever since then, and it has been left ignored.

So, sincerely- Fuck Valve.
[Image: ShadowMaverick.png][Image: TailsFan.png]
[Image: carlin5vm.png][Image: UT2004-2.png]
StrikerTheHedgefox's Streambadge Striker
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain-and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving."
"How are we going to get this massive TF2 player base to finally start fucking playing CS:GO?"
"I'm thinkin' it's a hole to travel through, I want to find a way to rattle you.
You want to try to hear the thunder hit? You're gonna have to follow me under it."
I've never been on the SM servers :\ Anndi never known about this server bug...
In space... @ planet wumbos