Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Report
It's probably been a while since anyone has heard from me, so I'm going to explain where things have been going as of late.

I'd like to apologize to everyone for not showing up in the TF2 Server at all for ages. There's a few reasons for this. The first being that I've been concentrating on a personal project of mine... I'm taking the time to learn how to read and interpret x86 assembly code, so that I can successfully reverse engineer a classic game from my childhood known as Fury3. I've learned a lot in the last little while, and I've already started work on a patch to expand the game's capabilities. I'll be releasing this to the public once it is done. You can read up on my progress on the XL Engine forums.

( http://xlengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php...8456#p8456 )

The second thing that has been occupying my time is taking care of financial commitments and I'll soon by trying to get applied to the Nova Scotia Community College again so I can finish my high school diploma. It's been too long, and hopefully now that the losses I suffered in 2011 and 2012 are no longer fresh in my mind, and with help of Foxy who will be going to the same college, I'll be able to get through it without wanting to shoot myself in the head.

Third reason, is TF2 is really losing my interest... not because I don't like modding for it, but because Valve has broken the game horribly without even trying to fix it 3/4'ths of a year down the road. Because of that, I've hit that brick wall for the longest while, heavily limiting what I can do with the game, and the servers remain unstable. Until Valve fixes their game, I'm really wishing to move on.

Last reason I haven't been showing up is because I've been suffering from chronic, soul-crushing depression, physical exhaustion, and complete mental disarray. I'm being tormented by my own demons, and I feel cornered and alone. I'd explain more... but I don't want to make this post too long or bothersome. I just... need my friends right now.

Anyhow, with all of that aside, I put together something for the [SM] Community to use, and I hope people will start using it... I have an IRC Client pre-configured for use by everyone. It will allow people to connect to the official [SM] chat channels, and talk together in a group. It is purely text-based, but will allow anyone to keep in touch 24/7, and allow talking to people in the servers without even playing the game(s).

It can be downloaded here: https://shadowmavericks.com/files/Apps/SM_NetTalk.zip

Just extract the ZIP into a folder, and run NetTalk.exe. All should automatically start up in your System Tray. You can use the text box at the bottom to chat, and the tabs at the top to change channels.

Screenshot:
[Image: 8ggA6.png]

If you want that nice DOS-Style font, just double-click the "Perfect DOS VGA 437.ttf" file that comes with the program, and click "Install". (Right-click and Install works too.)
[Image: ShadowMaverick.png][Image: TailsFan.png]
[Image: carlin5vm.png][Image: UT2004-2.png]
StrikerTheHedgefox's Streambadge Striker
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain-and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving."
Im sorry to read that and i wish you the best.
Dude, the college thing is awesome to hear. I wish you guys luck!

I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well for you emotionally/mentally though. It sucks that there's really not much I can do to help, though I wish I could.
[Image: 21adavp.png]
Keep Going, if you give up, the pain will get worse.
In space... @ planet wumbos