StrikerDM: A Dukematch Mod for EDuke32
StrikerDM is a mod for my branch of EDuke32-OldMP centered around DukeMatch play. Here are it's features:
- HD Sounds - Some taken from the original masters of Duke3D's sounds, others are new, or are from DNF and World Tour.
- New Maps - Some new maps from myself (more to come!), and many more from the Duke community.
- New Weapons - The Plasma Rifle from LameDuke, the Railgun from DNF, and a new Flamethrower that is based on World Tour's Incinerator, but many times more useful.
- New Weapon Sprites - Some weapons have new/updated sprites for the sake of variety, and some to fix unsightly cut-off.
- New Fragbar - A sleeker, more compact fragbar that doesn't reduce your view size.
- New Duke Talk - Some new Duke lines for shrink ray and freezer kills, and about 50 new lines for gibbing!
- More Gore - Gibs leave trails of blood behind them, making nailing that perfect RPG shot that more visceral. (They also stay on the ground for a bit!)
- Improved Balance - The mighty boot does much more damage, the pistol isn't perfectly accurate against people miles away, and the Devastator has slightly faster projectiles to keep it from being useless.
- Weapons Stay Mode - A version of Dukematch and Team Dukematch that has weapon pickups stay on the ground, good for high player counts.
- Working Duke Talk - Non-RTS Duke talk now works properly in Dukematch, with the voices emanating from the location of the player speaking.
- RoidMatch! - A custom Dukematch game mode where all items are removed from the map, and everyone is given infinite steroids, jetpack, and souped-up infinite-ammo Devastators.
- Instagib! - The Unreal Tournament/Quake 3 Arena classic comes to Duke Nukem 3D. Infinite ammo insta-kill railguns galore, only good aim and shot-leading skills will get you to victory.
- Rebalanced/Fair DukeBots - The offline DukeBots no longer have aimbots. They now can miss you, and at long range they have dick for accuracy.
- Updated Duke Tournament Maps - With permission from the maker of Duke Tournament (mikko_sandt), there's an episode with updated versions of DT's maps, with support for 8 players in all maps, and various bug fixes.
- Respawning Explosives & Props - Propane tanks, barrels, and props like beer bottles respawn over time in Dukematch modes. Smash, blow up, and break shit to your heart's content!
- Shootable Tripmines! - Tripmines are now shootable with hitscan weapons. A little hard to do since they are a bit small, but it can be done!
- Jump Pads - A useful feature for mappers, Quake 3 Arena-style jump pads! (Sprite #14 turns sector into jump pad, hitag controls power. Defaults to 4096.)
- World Tour Usermap Compatibility - Able to play WT Workshop maps if extracted properly and to the right place.
StrikerDM: Google Drive
EDuke32-OldMP (Required!): GitLab (downloads) - Duke4.net Thread
Installation instructions: (Read and follow these carefully! Don't move onto the next step until the current step is completed.)
WARNING: Ignoring these instructions will result in CON errors/the dreaded "Use Internal Defaults?" dialogue, out-of-sync errors, a highly annoyed/pissed off Meltdown lobby and you being harshly berated by me or being fed to JimmyGnosis.
Note 1: Meltdown's installation folder is *usually* C:\Meltdown. You may have to use some common sense and base the instructions off of what drive/folder you have Meltdown installed in.
- Install Meltdown (if you haven't already) from the link above. If you already have it, continue reading.
- Grab the latest version of EDuke32-OldMP. (Found in the EDuke32-OldMP GitLab link above)
- Extract eduke32-oldmp.exe to "C:/Meltdown/Duke Nukem 3D/EDuke32"
- Open Meltdown, go to settings, and click the "select" button next to "EDuke32 EXE".
- Navigate to "C:/Meltdown/Duke Nukem 3D/EDuke32" and select eduke32-oldmp.exe (NOT eduke32.exe! That's an old version that came with Meltdown.)
- Scroll down to the bottom of Meltdown's settings, and click Apply. (Do NOT switch out of the settings tab until you hit apply or you'll lose your changes!)
- Grab the latest StrikerDM-r#.pk3 file (Google drive link above), and put it in "C:/Meltdown/Duke Nukem 3D/Mods".
- Now you're ready to go. Either join a lobby of someone hosting StrikerDM, or host your own by selecting StrikerDM-r#.pk3 in mods when hosting a lobby, with EDuke32 selected as your game.
Note 2: In-depth credits for StrikerDM can be found inside the PK3 file, under credits.txt
Note 3: This mod is recommended to be run in Polymost (32-bit OpenGL) mode. (If you have problems, see note 5.)
Note 4: This mod has some highly NSFW content in some maps. If you're around kids or are streaming, turn Adult Mode off in EDuke32's parental lock settings while playing (It'll just censor the XXX stuff and nothing else).
Note 5: If you have trouble running EDuke32-OldMP in OpenGL, try downloading this batch file and running it. It sets BUILD_FORCEGL=1 in your environment variables.